Monday, May 19, 2008

huzzah for spring!

Why, you may ask, am I blogging on a school night? Because it's Spring Term! This means that I have much less homework and more time to waste! I love my new apartment and my new ward. I get a new calling this weekend! Spring is by far the best time to be in Provo; there are less people and it's much more social. I love sitting outside on the lawn in front of my apartment, reading Jane Austen's Mansfield Park and talking to everyone that walks past. Bike rides in the evening are best, especially with good company.

I'm working for a professor right now, writing for a multimedia textbook (chemcompanion.googlepages.com). I write script, we film my professor speaking the script, and then animations that go alongside the script are developed. It's all presented at once, in a pretty powerful, dynamic setting. I'm really excited about this job, and I really love the people I work with.

I'm also taking two classes this term, physics and biochemistry. That's about all there is to say about that...

I can't believe that college is almost over. I only have one year left before my bachelor's degree. Who knows what will happen after that...I'm hoping to go to graduate school and study Chemical Education.

I'm also busy reading the Bible this summer. Because of all of my good Evangelical friends, I've been persuaded that it's been far too long since I've read the Bible. I'm in Genesis 40-something, and I'm a big fan of it. I don't think I'll finish this summer, but it's a goal, at least. It's definitely part of my effort to be more involved in inter-faith relations. I'm in the process of organizing an inter-faith service project where families, both Evangelical and LDS, get together to serve one another. It's coming slowly but surely. I really hope that it takes off.

Jeff leaves on his mission on Wednesday. It's going to be a bitter-sweet time for our family. He's the first to go from our immediate family, and it's been quite the experience as he's prepared to serve the Lord for two years. I'm really excited to see the growth that comes from serving a mission. I also hope that I'm around Provo when he comes back. Patti will be a freshman that year, and it would be oodles of fun to be at the Y with two of my siblings. In short, I love him a lot, and although I'll miss him, I'm so proud of him for choosing to serve the Lord in Italy.

Well, I guess that's all for now!

No comments: