Sunday, May 17, 2009

One word of His supporting grace drives all my fears away.

One of my favorite hymns is penned by Issac Watts and performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I think it is soooo beautiful, and I will never forget the Choir's performance of it at President Hinckley's funeral.

My Shepherd will supply my need, Jehovah is His name,
In pastures fresh He makes me feed beside the living stream;
He brings my wandering spirit back when I forsake His way,
And leads me for His mercy's sake in paths of truth and grace.

When I walk through the shades of death His presence is my stay,
One word of His supporting grace drives all my fears away;
His hand in site of all my foes doth still my table spread,
My cup with blessings overflows, His oil anoints my head.

The sure provisions of my God attend me all my days;
Oh, may Thy house be my abode and all my work be praise;
There would I find a settled rest, while others come and go;
No more a stranger nor a guest, but like a child at home.

No comments: