Friday, December 19, 2008

Society as family in German film: Fritz Lang's M and Wolfgang Becker's Goodbye, Lenin!

at least that's the title of the paper that I should be writing right now.

Instead, I think I'll tell you about some of my favorite places in Provo. Here goes:
(disclaimer: this list is not all inclusive, and of course, includes many places of sentimental value)
  1. Gloria's Little Italy. I love Gloria's because of their delish pasta, pesto with pine nuts, and delectable desserts. It's a perfect place to get authentic Italian food, spend time with your friends, and don't forget, eat amazing gelato. Definitely worth the pretty penny for a meal or dessert every now and again.
  2. The Provo Bakery. Love their sugar cookies, and the buttermilk bars. My arteries can only handle this place about once a year, and it's a perfect place to take a spring-time stroll to when you're trying to avoid finals in April.
  3. The Provo Library. Beautiful architecture and comfy, airy, light study spaces. Not to mention, high-speed wireless internet. The ballrooms have beautiful wooden floors and amazingly tall ceilings.
  4. The Joseph Fielding Smith Building. I love the spiral staircase and the cozy study spots that look over the courtyard. The fourth-floor balcony has a must-see view of the campus, and is a perfect place for late lunch and study when it's a little warmer.
  5. Diego's Taco Shop. Only been there once. Had the carne asada burrito. It was amazing. I absolutely recommend this if you're looking for a less-greasy Mexican alternative.
  6. (this probably doesn't qualify as "in Provo", but hey, it's my list.) South Fork Park. Take the turn to Vivian Park, but keep heading south on the windy road. It has a little stream running through it, and it's absolutely the best place to see the stars (within a decent drive, that is), and a perfect place for an evening walk. Don't forget the bug spray, though!
  7. Kneaders. Great all-you-can-eat french toast with real whipped cream and strawberries. For lunch, try the turkey-bacon-avacodo sandwich on foccacio bread. Or, just stop by for delicious cinnamon rolls, fruit tarts, and other goodies. I also happen to love their cinnamon chunky bread (or whatever it's called).
  8. Bombay House
  9. Thai Ruby
  10. J-Dawgs
Well, I think that's a pretty good list for now. Any suggestions to add? What did I absolutely forget? What should I try next? I love trying new food, so I'll take suggestions!

(p.s. if you're having trouble commenting, email me at sadler dot kate at gmail dot com; i've been having comment troubles, and i need to know if it's working!)

No comments: